Whale Dies With 17 Pounds of Plastic Bags In Its Stomach
The Washington Post reported on Sunday, a male pilot whale struggled for five days to stay alive in Thailand near the Malaysian border after rescuers found it with 17 pounds of plastic bags in its stomach. It ultimately succumbed to its illnesses.
The whale died on Friday, the Post wrote. An autopsy discovered what Thailand’s Department of Marine and Coastal Resources said were 80 plastic bags lodged in its stomach.
It’s far from the first time whales have turned up sick or dead from ingesting trash. Per the Post, experts say that the whale likely believed the bags were food.
This video was produced by YT Wochit News using http://wochit.com